Friday, September 1, 2017

"UPDATE 01" - SEPTEMBER 01, 2017

I filled out a Mentor Request Form specifying what I have, and want, in a mentor. I also composed a follow-up email to Jon Wexler, my potential second mentor. Being the vice president of Global Entertainment and Influencer Marketing for Adidas, I feel he would be a very reliable resource. I originally received an automated email stating that he would be out of his office until this week. Hopefully, I receive a response. I visited some websites specializing in the resale of sneakers (StockX), as well as some consortium stores to try to notice any trends in pricing. Most notably, the apparel and footwear that is priced the highest often has rapper/producer Kanye West's name tied to it. He either wore it, designed it, or worked with the brand that made it. Other rappers have designed for brands, but none have reached the fame of selling out a shoe online in one minute. I plan on investigating why this is. I will return to StockX. It has graphs showing price trends on all items. I have also been in contact with Ms. Oberg and we are planning a meet-up over Thanksgiving break. This would give me an opportunity to speak with her vis-a-vis.

No comments:

Post a Comment